The Walwyn Hall (previously The Lambourn Catholic Hall)Baydon Road, has played its part in the community since it was built in the1960's. Fondly known as "The Catholic Club", it was a vibrant part of the community with regular dances and functions. Following a period of time where the hall was let fall into disrepair, the community decided to bring back The Catholic Hall. As a result of numerous Fund Raising activities and generous donations the hall has been re-furbished.
The following improvements have been made;
- A disabled toilet has been built and the existing toilets modernised.
- The kitchen has been completely replaced to include new ovens, microwave, large fridge, new sinks, worktops and a commercial dishwasher.
- The Bar has been replaced and includes beer fridges and a commercial glass washer
- We have retained our beautiful sprung dancefloor
- Carpets and other flooring have been replaced throughout the hall.
- New lighting has been installed including ambient LED lighting in the main hall.
- Audio visual connectivity has been installed enabling use of TV/Projectors/Laptop displays
- Speakers and microphones are available.
- Two LED lighting rigs have been installed providing multiple uses.
- Flexible box staging allows alternate configurations.
- 120 new padded chairs.
- All areas have been decorated.
As a result we have a modern facility that we are all proud of. The hall has been refurbished for the benefit and use of the whole community. Numerous activities are capable of taking place in this facility. Examples are;
- Dance functions with Band or DJ
- Family Parties for Children/Adults
- Dinner Dance events
- Coffee Mornings
- Dance Classes
- Exercise Classes
- Film Nights (subject to licence)
- Meetings with Audio visual needs
- Theatrical events
- Fashion shows with catwalk stage
- Events requiring Bar facilities - You can apply for a temporary licence or ask for our help
We are happy to show people around the Hall and demonstrate its capabilities.
To enquire about the Hall or to make a booking, please call Jenny on 01488 648807. The current hourly rate for hire is £11 (Price correct as at 7 Jan 2016)